WPC has launched an Election Season Advocacy Project (ESAP) - with a mailing to every candidate running for state or federal office in Washington state (sent May 13th), inviting them to pledge to work for public campaign financing, and enclosing informational materials about public campaign financing, the FENA bill, etc.
Details here: www.washclean.org/Library/ESAP2010.pdf
The Fair Elections Candidates Pledge form is here: www.washclean.org/Library/pledge-cleancampaigns.pdf
Will you help? Now it's up to our local chapters and grassroots supporters, to urge the candidates to respond with their Fair Elections Pledge.
- Call them
- Send emails to them
- Attend town meetings and candidate events, urging them to sign the "Fair Elections Pledge"
- In the process, spread the word among townsfolk, friends and neighbors. This is how we create a citizens lobby - a tidal wave, pushing for real reform!
Senator Maria Cantwell is guest speaker at our Awards Banquet - June 19th.
She's co-sponsoring the FENA bill in the Senate, and she's been fighting for tough regulation of the banking/financial services industry on Wall Street - something she will talk about, at the Awards Banquet.
- Have your banquet tickets yet?
- Can you host or arrange a table-full of 8-10 guests -- friends, or members of your union, church, book club, or group?
- Will your organization help to sponsor the event?
- NOTE: June 1st is the deadline for "early-bird" pricing!
With candidates and public officials attending - and likely media - we need a robust turnout, to show that we're serious about public campaign financing as a game-changer.
And - we need sponsors and financial support! .. to keep organizing the rest of the years, for the FENA bill in Congress, and public campaign financing for our state supreme court races, and for Voter-Owned Election Campaigns throughout Washington state.
- Info and tickets here: www.washclean.org/banquet.htm
- Sponsorship info here: www.washclean.org/Library/AB2010/ab10-sponsor-levels-final.pdf
- And - contact Jenn Bertelsen (email@example.com) if you have items for the silent auction - or a yummy dessert for the "Dessert Dash" - or if you will host or "captain" a table!
This is an event not to miss! See photos of last year's Awards Banquet: www.washclean.org/banquet09-pics.htm
Please contact us with any questions or offers to help!